Youtube Annotation in Hypothesis
To create a transcript for a Youtube video, you will want an "SRT" file. These can be created very easily in Otter.ai, which I highly recommend. Steps for creating the transcript:
- Upload a video to Otter.ai
- Edit the resulting transcript
- "Export Text" > "SRT"
- Uncheck "Include speaker names" > "Continue"
- In Youtube Studio, select "Subtitles"
- "Edit" for the video you're subtitling
- Three dots > Upload file > Select the SRT
See the result here: https://docdrop.org/video/I74Vdx9mqqs/
It's very meta, if you think about it.